With entries now open to the second Broker Network Awards, we wanted to share some insider knowledge on writing powerful awards submissions that leave a lasting impact on the judging panel.
Whether you’re entering the Broker Network Awards, the Insurance Times Awards, the British Insurance Awards or you’re pinning your hopes on any of the other prestigious accolades bestowed across the industry, we hope that the tips below will help you to bring home a well-deserved trophy this year.
- Back up your points with evidence. Whether it’s cold hard numbers or simply examples of what the nominee has specifically done, provide the judges with something concrete that substantiates what you’re saying.
- Tell a story. Show your personality and what makes you unique – don’t be afraid to be different. Give your story a beginning, middle and end; establish what your objective was, explain how you achieved it, and finish with the results.
- Be brief. Try not to use 100 words where one will do.
- Add testimonials where appropriate. An independent third party backing you up can add a great deal of weight to your claim.
- Why is your business / nominee different? Have you achieved an industry first? Did you deliver something extraordinary despite challenging conditions? Have you created something that will allow you to build on it as a template for future projects? Show us why you stand out.
Designed to celebrate and recognise achievements from across the Network, the Broker Network Awards will enable our Members’ business and the stars within their team to take centre stage and receive some richly deserved recognition.
Members, if you haven’t already, you can register for the National Conference Awards via our Hub