Business Development Manager
Founded over 25 years ago, Broker Network has grown to become the UK’s largest network of independent insurance brokers. With our Member’s needs firmly at the heart of everything we do, as a business we are passionate about helping community – based brokers retain their independence whilst enabling them to benefit from their range of unparalleled services, exclusive products and knowledgeable in-house experts.
As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for a panel of existing Members in the South-East of England and bringing new brokers into the network. You will be the face of Broker Network visiting Members acting as a true Business Partner owning the broker relationship with member services and maximising utilisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Member Focused Activity
- With the support of the New Sales team, develop your own pipeline of prospects to deliver new brokers into the network;
- Carry out visits to allocated Members with an agreed area and call cycle, producing a visit report outlining all agreed actions and ensure these are completed;
- Ensure Members are aware of all services BN offer and guide the Members in the use of services;
- Work closely with the Broker Support Desk to ensure there is a joined up approach when dealing with the Members;
- Work closely with the Migration team to ensure a smooth transition for new Members into Broker Network;
- Lead the marketing based activity for all Member to ensure there is no duplication of effort and to ensure the Member understands how to get the best possible results. This may include the production of marketing plans. Link any marketing activity in the production of business to BN’s partner insurers (where feasible);
- Assist the Member in the production of business plans when needed, explaining the importance of regular business measurement;
- Produce structured development plans for all Key Accounts which are SMART. Report on a quarterly basis as to the progress from each key account.
Insurer focused activity
- Deliver agreed growth targets for an allocated panel of Members;
- Plan where the growth will come from and how it will be delivered;
- Promote the partner insurer services, BNU and BNLM in accordance with the risk placing/BNU/BNLM marketing plans;
- Provide regular feedback to the Insurer Relations Team about the partner deals.
- Assist your Line Management in any agreed projects and areas of development;
- Maintain awareness of Broker Network’s position in the market and understanding competitor activity;
- Up date yourself regularly with insurance market;
- Provide regular feedback as to how BN’s services are viewed by the Members and make suggestions for change where appropriate.
- Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for development as required;
- Be aware of the contents of the company’s Compliance Manual and general compliance issues in accordance with FSA regulations.
- Ideally ACII qualified or working towards the ACII;
- 5 years Insurance Industry Experience including Business Development;
- Ideally a broking background or experience of dealing with a wide range of commercial insurance brokers;
- Demonstrable experience in delivering sales targets and working effectively with key stakeholders in a business.
- Proven ability to build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships through; strong communication, industry knowledge, delivering on promises and sound business acumen;
- Numerate, with an ability to read accounts and understand financial models;
- Innovative and willing to challenge the norm;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to influence at a senior level, with suppliers and customers;
- Be able to apply business and marketing knowledge to act as a business consultant for our customers and be viewed as a true business partner;
- Be able to develop practical solutions to problems and the ability to make a balanced decision;
- Be able to demonstrate market awareness and an understanding of the key issues affecting the industry.
You will be an energetic individual focused on delivering results. You will be able to easily engage and empathise with our customers to gain respect quickly. You will think before you act and be assertive in your approach.
As a remote worker you will be comfortable working autonomously with the ability to self motivate.
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays