Group Financial Accountant
The Group Finance Team are looking for a qualified financial accountant with excellent working knowledge of statutory and regulatory reporting. Are you an energetic and enthusiastic individual who can challenge existing practices and processes. We offer a competitive salary with great employee benefits and can offer development and exposure with Bravo Group’s long-term strategy of organic and acquisition growth.
You will work collaboratively with all of our Finance Teams as well as the wider business to deliver Group financial statements, external reporting and technical accounting, regulatory reporting and tax insight. Production of consolidation and disclosure models will ensure our audit requests are met and will drive change and improvement for the function.
If working in the heart of North Yorkshire sounds like your cup of tea please apply below.
key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support for the co-ordination of year-end process of the annual financial statements for the Bravo Group;
- Prepare annual financial statements ensuring they are in compliance with IFRS and legal requirements;
- Maintain a good working relationship with external auditors and tax advisers;
- Prepare regulatory, tax and other external reports and associated supporting documents;
- Oversee legal entity life cycle activities during the corporate expansion plans;
- Provide technical accounting, regulatory reporting and tax insight including horizon scanning;
- Ensure activities align to the established control framework;
- Provide appropriate information to external audit in efficient timescales to ensure year-end timetables are met;
- Work collaboratively with other Finance Teams to ensure auditor requests are met in an efficient and effective manner;
- Produce consolidation and disclosure models for the Bravo Group; and
- Deliver/support Finance change initiatives to ensure continuous improvements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good experience of working in an external reporting environment;
- Excellent hands-on experience of producing complex consolidations and consolidated financial statements;
- Good working knowledge of chart of accounts, accounting ledgers and reporting systems;
- Extensive working knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and statutory financial statements requirements;
- Understanding of corporation tax computations and processes;
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to resolve issues;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office including advanced excel;
- Good planning skills and focus on delivery to tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage a number of competing priorities as well as key stakeholders;
- Good track record of challenging current process, identify and deliver efficiencies;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Team player with flexible attitude;
- Collaborative working style;
- Professional, energetic, enthusiastic; and persistent and adaptable.
- Experience of Insurance intermediaries and/or Networks businesses;
- Good understand of regulatory reporting specifically for insurance intermediaries.
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA)
- Degree, preferably in business or accountancy related disclipline;
- Big 4 trained.
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays