Group Financial Control Accountant
The Group Finance Team are looking for a qualified Financial Accountant with excellent working knowledge of statutory and regulatory reporting to work in a financial control and FCA regulated environment. Are you an energetic and enthusiastic individual who can challenge existing practices and processes? We offer a competitive salary with great employee benefits and can bring you development and exposure with Bravo Group’s long-term strategy of organic and acquisition growth.
You will work collaboratively with all of our finance teams as well as the wider business to deliver Group financial statements, external reporting and technical accounting, regulatory reporting and tax insight. We are looking for a tenacious individual with a control mindset and good technical ability in order to ensure our audit requests are met and to drive change and improvement for the function.
If this role sounds right for you then please apply below.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of recording all financial information within ledgers for areas of responsibility;
- Operate ledger controls in line with documented policy, process and procedures;
- Deliver controlled month-end close process within responsibility to agreed time-lines;
- Prepare and post ledger journals with appropriate support and where relevant review journals for accuracy;
- Work collaboratively with Treasury and Finance Operations teams to ensure ledger entries are complete and accurate;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations on a timely manner and ensure support is complete and accurate;
- Ensure inter-company positions for entities within your responsibility are reflected correctly and communicate with relevant parties to maintain an accurate Group position;
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments schedules for all entities within your responsibility;
- Support Finance change initiatives to ensure continuous improvements;
- Liaise with other finance departments geographically located across the UK where necessary;
- Document procedures within area of responsibility and support cross training of colleagues; and
- Provide appropriate information to external audit in efficient timescales to ensure year-end timetables are met.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good experience of working in a financial control environment;
- Some experience of working in Insurance intermediaries and/or Networks businesses (preferred);
- Good working knowledge of chart of accounts, accounting ledgers and reporting systems;
- Understanding of accounting standards and practices;
- Ability to identify solutions to problems and implement;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office including intermediate excel;
- Good planning skills and focus on delivery to tight deadlines;
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve processes and deliver solutions with support
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Team player with flexible attitude;
- Collaborative working style;
- Professional, energetic, enthusiastic, persistent and adaptable;
- Customer service focused; and
- Financial control mindset.
- Good working knowledge of PS Financials
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
(High calibre candidates that are nearly qualified considered)
- Finalist candidates due to qualify within 6 months.
- Degree, preferably in business or accountancy related discipline.
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays