Founded over 25 years ago, Broker Network has grown to become the UK’s largest network of independent insurance brokers. With a membership base of over 600 independent Insurance Broker organisations across the UK, we provide a number of key member service applications. In addition, Broker Network continues to acquire key brokers across the UK. The successful support and integration of systems that serve the collective user base is critical to achieving this strategy.
We are looking to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer who will work closely with other members of the infrastructure team to ensure high systems availability, compliance with Broker network security policies, manage the delivery of structured updates and changes to systems, and manage the interface with key third party suppliers.
- Administer networks, servers and business applications, ensuring optimum efficiency of all devices including PC’s, laptops, mobile devices.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and rectify faults on hardware, software and networks.
- Support the Broker network on premise application servers.
- Work to implement security measures in line with industry best practice and Broker Network Information Security policy, designing and implementing appropriate group policies.
- Manage the corporate network, network devices, including the LAN/WAN and any associated links.
- Support existing Azure based server and network infrastructure.
- Support and maintain DR site infrastructure hosted by third party provider.
- Deliver resilience and reliability of all servers and network devices to minimise downtime and maintain optimal performance.
- Timely administration of security matters such as user accounts, perimeter controls and data backup.
- Support specialist third parties when conducting system security audits and penetration testing.
- Ensure appropriate system configuration documentation is produced and accurately maintained
- Ensure that all departmental information, including registers of assets, supplier returns, and software licenses, whether in documents or electronic form, always remains accurate.
- Provide detailed network and systems diagrams using appropriate tools.
- To play a pivotal role in IT projects and deliver work packages within defined timescales.
- To provide estimates for project planning purposes or manage the work of third parties to produce estimates where applicable.
- To support the IT department CAB process with ad-hoc delivery of configuration work as required.
- Install and configure new and existing hardware, software and networks as appropriate.
- Work to support the migration of key infrastructure into the Azure environment.
- Decommission legacy on-premise servers in line with business strategy to be ‘cloud first’ where suitable.
- Effective management of third-party suppliers against agreed SLAs.
- Log support requests with relevant third parties, and own them until resolution, escalating matters where necessary.
- Respond to requests for help from both internal and external customers.
- Provide support for remote workers where necessary.
- Resolution of support tickets to required service levels.
- Take ownership of enquiries and problems to ensure that they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Log all requests within IT Service Desk Management system to ensure accurate MI can be obtained.
- Research and recommend new technologies to increase efficiency, enhance security or provide additional capacity or value to the business.
- Prepare for and participate in formal appraisals which are delivered in line with current appraisal frameworks and monthly 1-2-1’s.
- Ensure that the Company’s image and good name is preserved and enhanced through all such dealings.
- Be prepared to work out of hours when required.
- Such other duties as may be allocated, or requested from time to time, in agreement with departmental management.
- To ensure that you understand, and comply with, all Company policies and procedures in relation to Health & Safety.
- Participate in IT training courses to increase administrative efficiency and keep abreast of new technologies as they emerge.
- Provide coaching and support to other members of the infrastructure team where required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Overall, a deep understanding of all major elements of the IT systems landscape including networking, telephony, operating systems, application servers, firewalls, and mobile devices.
- Deep administrative knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (up to 2016), Exchange Online / Office 365, SQL Server, Active Directory and Group Policy administration.
- Strong understanding of networking components (i.e. TCP/IP, VPN’s, LANS, WANS, VLANS, DNS/ WINS and DHCP).
- Ability to configure switches, routers and firewalls.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure and it’s components.
- Experience of deploying and administering online backup solutions such as Veeam or Asigra.
- High level of ability with Microsoft office packages such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Desirable to have experience with Visio and Project.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proactive self-starter who can identify problems and offer solutions and options.
- Has relevant IT support experience (ideally) backed by Microsoft / Cisco certifications.
- Effective team player but also able to self-motivate and operate independently.
- Highly organised, a thorough attention to detail and able to work at pace.
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and willing to learn.
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays