IT Service Desk Analyst
Working Hours: Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm (37.5 HPW)
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager
The IT Service Desk Analyst will be the first point of contact with all Helpdesk related queries and will be primarily responsible for monitoring and dealing with tickets logged on the Manage Engine Helpdesk system. Also work closely with the Infrastructure Team and the wider IT team.
- Ensuring that new user / leaver requests are dealt with in a timely manner that is aligned to the already established process.
- Continual monitoring of the Service Desk system (Manage Engine) to ensure that tickets are dealt with in a timely manner or escalated to the Infrastructure Engineers as required.
- Troubleshooting of tickets to be carried out either remotely via Team Viewer, face to face or both.
- Ensure newly deployed laptops / workstations are fully patched and have LOB (Line of Business) applications installed in line with Broker Network best practice.
- Ensure Asset Register is kept up to date with allocation of staff hardware.
- Set up corporate mobile phones in line with already established process.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support on client operating systems (Windows 7 & 10), client applications (primarily MS Office 2007, 2013 and 2016) as well as networking issues.
- Daily review of overnight backup routines to ensure completion.
- Provide technical support for existing Mitel telephone system.
- Be prepared to work out of hours should there be a business requirement (over time rates applicable)
Key Competencies and Skills Required
- Proactive self-starter who uses initiative to identify problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Customer focused with an ability to explain issues / solutions in a ‘non-techie’ manner.
- Effective team player but also able to self-motivate and operate independently.
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and works with pace.
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and willing to learn new technologies.
Technical Knowledge and Understanding
- Experience of using existing Service Desk Management software.
- Experience of supporting current Operating Systems and industry standard client software (MS Office, Adobe Reader etc).
- Experience of supporting Active Directory, Exchange Server, File & Print Servers on Windows Server 2008 and later.
- Experience of troubleshooting network connectivity issues for both LAN and WANs.
- Experience of configuring and supporting Samsung, iPhone and iPad devices.
- Desirable to have experience in support Office 365.
- Desirable to have experience of administering hypervisors (i.e. Hyper V, VMWare, and XenApp).
- Desirable to have a basic understanding of Open GI and / or Acturis Broking Platforms.
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays