Learning & Development Manager
Location: Knaresborough, North Yorkshire.
The Bravo Group is a collaborative group of businesses, including Compass, Broker Network and Ethos Broking; all tailored to support in excess of 830 independent Insurance Broker organisations. The Bravo Group has acquired a number of key Brokers across the UK in the last 3 years and continues to acquire whilst having an investment fund for further acquisitions.
We are looking to recruit a Learning & Development Manager to partner with Human Resources and the wider business to deliver L&D solutions to embed a learning culture into Bravo Group. The successful candidate will support the employees of Bravo Group with their career goals and personal development by providing a range of training and development services. From Induction to Executive coaching, the L&D team is there to support all levels of Bravo Group employees to achieve their full potential. They will ensure that both cultural and professional development is available to the Bravo Group Networks whilst aligning to the Network strategy. As the L&D Manager, you will help lead, grow and develop the L&D team to be able to support in providing a consultancy service to stakeholders and help drive key initiatives.
What are we looking for?
This role requires a strong influencer with the ability to create L&D solutions aligned to business needs and goals. You will be a commercial thinker and have experience of working with people from Director level to colleagues throughout the business and have excellent stakeholder management with the ability to lead a team. Experience in strategic people development is a must, whilst having the ability to support both an internal and external customer base.
- Provide input into the refreshment of existing programmes and innovative developments for new programmes, to promote continuous learning whilst adhering to the segment Training & Competency Scheme;
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure that the learning we design, and deliver is accurate, compliant and in line with internal processes;
- Own the induction programme;
- Create, own and drive the segment L&D strategy and contract with our key stakeholders;
- Deliver core and advanced leadership courses to the first line and middle managers;
- Own the Future Leader Programme;
- Provide expertise in working with key stakeholders to identify learning & development needs and preferred means of delivery, to ensure high engagement at all levels;
- Procurement, management and evaluation of third-party suppliers;
- Manage the delivery of all L&D programmes with a strong customer service focus;
- Review and identify future training requirements including regulatory or statutory changes in requirements;
- Review and manage the L&D budget, ensuring delivery within budget parameters and assessing the return on investment and business impact;
- Complete effective training need analysis (TNA’s) for the business providing a detailed report highlighting findings, recommendations and options;
- Evaluate and report on the business impact of learning activities, contributing to the advancement of the team and the delivery of a high-quality, cost effective service;
- Line management to the L&D team, ensuring they are motivated, have continued professional development and continue to grow the value of their contribution to the business;
- Stay current with trends and developments in the learning & development field to differentiate us from competitive networks, industry training offerings and third-party training providers;
- Introduce new approaches to add value and increase training and learning effectiveness whilst maximising resource;
- Complete ongoing coaching and observation of the leadership population;
- Contribute towards maintaining and enhancing the training team’s value to the business, by complying with agreed best practice while applying a critical awareness of current developments in learning;
- Be able to consult effectively with the business using a toolkit of consultancy skills in order to identify and define client requirements, ensure stakeholder management, influence our stakeholders, encourage the use of effective learning interventions and become a solution provider; and
- Facilitate workshops and coach our stakeholders in order to win the hearts and minds ensuring that all learning outputs to our internal customer’s highlights external customer consequences.
Skills & Knowledge
- L&D design and delivery
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: demonstrates a clear and articulate standard of written and verbal communication
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Effective attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and critically think through training issues to align strategically to the departmental goals.
- Good stakeholder management, clear decision-making skills and an ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Engaging personality with the ability to command attention and manage strong personalities
- Apprenticeship Levy and the funding rules for SME businesses
- Strong regulatory knowledge
- Awareness of our internal products and systems
Qualifications & Experience
- Experienced in project management and change management initiatives
- Experience of content creation and digital learning as well as implementing and maintaining an LMS.
- Level 5 CIPD or equivalent
- Insights or Thomas International PPA qualified
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of the latest learning design and technology Working knowledge of LMS platforms (Access Group/Unicorn advantageous)
- Experience in managing third party suppliers and strong understanding of the apprenticeship levy and funding rules.
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays