Operations Business Partner (Ethos Broking)
Location: Field Based – travel required across your Region, with occasional travel to Knaresborough, North Yorkshire.
The Bravo Group is a collaborative group of businesses, including Compass, Broker Network and Ethos Broking; all tailored to support in excess of 830 independent Insurance Broker organisations. The Bravo Group has acquired a number of key Brokers across the UK in the last 3 years and continues to acquire whilst having an investment fund for further acquisitions.
Ethos Broking are looking to recruit an Operations Business Partner who will report to the Regional Managing Director (South) as well as supporting the National Operations Manager. They will be responsible for managing the operating rhythm for activities within the region, shaping processes to improve efficiency and transparency. The role will be responsible for engaging with stakeholders across Finance, Compliance, HR, Markets, IT and Projects to allow for clear communication, information flow and collaboration across Ethos Broking.
This role will cover all the Ethos Brokers in our South Region; Finch, Saffron, Knighthood, Weald, Bennett Christmas and Hugh J Boswells, with future acquisitions to come! We’re looking for an operationally focused individual who has industry experience to support our Regional Managing Directors in managing the operating activities across their region, helping shape processes to improve efficiency.
We offer a competitive salary with great employee benefits, this role will enhance your development and exposure with Ethos Broking’s long-term strategy of organic and acquisition growth.
What about the team?
Reporting directly to Peter Foster and forming part of the Ethos Broking Operations Team. This role will also work in conjunction with Finance, Compliance, HR, IT and the National Operations Manager to understand the performance, identify potential opportunities and threats and work with management to drive successful outcomes. The role will be business facing, focused on building strong relationships with the Partner business to drive successful outcomes. You’ll also be a key support for the Partner MD’s.
What we are looking for?
This role needs an energetic and enthusiastic individual who can challenge existing practices and processes. You will work collaboratively with all of our teams as well as the wider business, and we are looking for a tenacious individual with a control mindset and industry experience in order to ensure our objectives are met and to drive change and improvement for the function. A strong communicator who can build robust professional relationships. You’ll need excellent planning skills and the ability to focus on delivery of tight deadlines.
- Support the standard integration process for all acquisitions and adapt the process accordingly to ensure all risks and legal are adhered to creating a uniform integration strategy;
- Continually identify areas of improvement within the Ethos Brokers, make recommendations and actions to drive improvements;
- Supporting the National Operations Manager on the integration of new acquisitions and agreed actions within the Investment Deck;
- Form part of Regional Management Meetings;
- Provide support and guidance for SMF functions and responsibility for Insurance Distributions and Complaints;
- Drive a post integration ‘business as usual’ process to oversee operational risk framework and lead on any operational renewal processes;
- Contribute to operational efficiency including but not limited to revenue enhancement and minimising leakage;
- Utilising standardised broking reports (Acturis / OGI) to ensure compliance;
- Support the Regional MD in driving a fast-paced Change Management agenda;
- Encourage market placement with our partner insurers; and
- Reviewing administration and operation practices within our Ethos Brokers.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of operations and relationship management at a senior level in a complex matrixed organisation
- Strong industry knowledge with understanding of FCA regulations and compliance
- Positive partnering presence and strong influencing skills
- Strong on execution to deliver high quality outcomes with demanding deadlines
- Highly analytical with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate strategy into clear priorities and direction
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities with partners and stakeholders in a professional manner
- An excellent understanding of both quantitative and qualitative information and the ability to combine these to form accurate and realistic forecasting and views of the business
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Experience of Insurer Placements
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects and delivering successful outcomes
- Experience of Broking Platforms – specifically OGI and Acturis (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of independent brokers, their structures and methods of operation
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 28 days holiday a year plus bank holidays