Project Coordinator (Interim)
This role is an interim role for up to 12 months for maternity leave cover.
The Bravo Group is a collaborative group of businesses, including Compass, Broker Network and Ethos Broking; all tailored to support in excess of 830 independent Insurance Broker organisations. The Bravo Group has acquired a number of key Brokers across the UK in the last 3 years and continues to acquire having an investment fund for further acquisitions. The delivery of internal technological and organisational change alongside the project management of these acquisitions will be critical to achieving this strategy.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Head of Projects & Programmes and other members of the Projects & Change team ensuring effective management of all active projects.
We are looking for a coordinator who can demonstrate a background of working within the Financial Services/Insurance sector and experience working within a project or change environment with an understanding of project management methodologies i.e. Prince 2. If you have experience with document management systems such as sharepoint this would be an advantage. This role would be suited to an experienced senior administrator/coordinator with some experience working on projects that wants to gain further exposure and experience in a formal PM environment.
• Co-ordinate and take part in Bravo project-related teams and steering group meeting schedules as well as issuing and following up any decisions or actions arising
• Update RAID logs across all active projects using agreed projects templates
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored in line with control framework and acceptable use policy
• Create and collate the monthly Dashboard and other reports within the Projects team.
• Scribe and track actions arising from weekly Business Heads meeting.
• Support the production of PowerPoint presentations and word document reports.
• Support the Projects & Programme team in any other activities that evolve as part of the delivery of the group projects.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good planning, organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Proactive, Flexible, adaptable, ‘can do’ approach
- Ability to manage a heavy and diverse workload
- Is delivery focused with a lot of get-up-and-go showing initiative to get things done
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail especially when reporting
- Ability to handle internal and external senior stakeholders, with conflicting interests effectively
- Ability to understand and abide by the confidential nature of the work
- Ability to handle sensitive situations, and know when to escalate issues to senior management
- Experience of MS Project/Visio would be beneficial.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 1 years experience of project support working within a formal Project Management methodology e.g Prince
- Experience of insurance is desirable but not essential
- Ideally you will be graduate with at least a 2:2 degree or at least 2 years working experience in a business environment
- Competent user of MS Office toolset (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint with an emphasis on MS Project)
- Experience of document management systems would be advantageous e.g. Sharepoint, but again is not essential
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays