Senior Risk and Compliance Officer
Responsibility for delivering the Risk & Compliance Framework to Partners, including the provision of advice and support to key stakeholders relating to compliance with the framework and all areas of FCA regulation applicable to the firm’s activities, in line with service level agreements and supporting the business with regulatory technical advice.
Responsible for leading compliance monitoring reviews of Partners on behalf of the Group to ensure the continuous identification and review of potential regulatory risks. You will lead the preparation and execution of the compliance monitoring plan and provide strategic advice on findings to the Executive.
key Duties and Responsibilities
- To proactively assist Partners to fully understand the requirements of the FCA and other regulatory bodies in order to ensure that the firms operate in a fully compliant manner and maintain a risk and compliance culture across the organisation.
- Complete Due Diligence reviews on prospective Partner firms and provide findings and key risks to the Group Executive with associated actions to be completed as part of an initial Integration Programme.
- Implement the Partner Risk and Governance Framework and play an active role in developing a Risk Register and a Risk & Compliance Committee within each firm and attending Committee meetings to provide feedback to the Committee from an independent viewpoint.
- To identify best practice within the industry and keep up to date with regulatory developments, collating and updating information to support the business.
- Conduct on site compliance monitoring programme to review regulatory processes and systems & controls with a risk profile reported to the Group Executive for each Partner firm.
- Conduct Risk Consultancies with Partners in risk areas identified.
- Initiate new processes, control documents, etc. as required, in order to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Assist in writing compliance related training workshops and Partner communications as required and delivery of workshops in a professional and motivational manner.
- Support the management of the department by being flexible to developments, new tasks and additional allocated project work.
- Attend Regulatory Steering Group meetings to discuss future compliance regulation changes and participate in relevant programme change projects on key topics that affect Partners.
- Attend FCA / BIBA regulation workshops / road shows as required, to ensure continuous knowledge and understanding, as deemed appropriate.
- Provide support to the senior management team of Partner firms with FCA and other regulatory enquiries.
- Act as a referral point for Partners with FCA regulation / technical queries.
Technical Skills Required
- Excellent knowledge of the FCA and its working
- Up to date knowledge of the General Insurance market and associated regulations
- Risk Management experience / knowledge preferable
- Strong project management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to apply robust processes to all activities
- Take a practical viewpoint and help support effective solutions
Other Skills Required
- Team player and good communicator
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks
- Results driven & business minded
- Operate with minimum support or guidance
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays