Senior Risk and Compliance Officer
Coordination of key compliance activities relating to group compliance operating and reporting procedures as laid down in the Group Compliance Operating plan.
Coordination and submission of FCA notifications and applications
Responsibility for the coordination of FCA and internal audit data requests
Coordination of Risk and Compliance Committee meetings including the preparation of agenda, meeting pack and minutes.
Facilitate and administer appropriate regulatory learning across the Group via the on-line learning management system
Delivery of technical Compliance support, research and guidance as required
Completion of compliance monitoring reviews as required.
Principle Objectives and Responsibilities
- Provide hands on support to relevant managers to support them with achieving and maintaining compliance, including the provision of compliance sign off where required.
- Develop valuable and ongoing working relations with relevant managers and colleagues throughout the group via the provision of effective communication, efficient working methods and dedicated support.
- Maintain a full understanding of the requirements of the Group Conduct Framework and provide assurance that compliant policies and procedures are embedded across the group companies via the completion of compliance monitoring reviews as required by the group compliance operating plan.
- Initiate new processes, control documents etc as required, to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory developments.
- Proactively review and assess existing compliance practices, procedures and systems to identify and initiate improvements and enhancements.
- Technical authorship and delivery of internal compliance communications, policies and training material as required.
- Coordination of employee access and reporting for all mandatory training and CPD requirements
Record Keeping and documents
- Coordination and facilitation of data provision in relation to FCA Notification and Applications in respect of updates and changes as required by group companies
- Coordination and facilitation of data provision for RMAR reporting and FCA Notifications and Applications
- Ensure a suitable document management system is in place and is continually maintained to ensure all internal compliance related documents, communications and permissions are held orderly and securely.
- Delivery of timely KPI reports on own areas of responsibility as required by the Group compliance operating plan.
Reporting and Monitoring
- Review and monitor compliance across the group on a regular basis and update internal records accordingly.
- Fully cooperate with group internal audit activities by the timely provision of information and documentation as requested.
- Ensure that relevant Group Reporting requirements are met in relation to Conduct and Treating Customers Fairly
- Support the collection and analysis of KPI data to ensure risk and conduct reporting requirements are followed accurately and in line with the group risk management framework
- Act as coordinator for the Risk and Compliance Committee and member risk meetings including preparing and issuing an agenda and meeting pack, and taking, writing up and distributing the minutes.
- Ensure all risk and compliance actions are recorded in a central repository and tracked through to completion with timely updates received and that regular reporting of the status of compliance action plan is provided to the Group Risk and Compliance Director
Internal and external relations
- Participate in all department communications (meetings/e-mails/etc) to ensure a proactive and informative contribution is made.
- Make a positive contribution to support the team working collectively and consistently at all times – through regular communication, sharing of information, on the job support etc.
- Develop and maintain good and credible relations with all colleagues, managers and directors within the group
- Develop and maintain good and credible relations with all third party suppliers and providers
- Adherence to the organisation’s SLA’s (Service Level Agreement) timescales and ensuring that all appropriate documents/records are maintained and submitted as required and on time
- Achieve performance standards and objectives in line with agreed requirements.
- Manage own personal development
- Ensure knowledge remains appropriate and up to date with current regulatory requirements and that this knowledge is shared within the Business
- Ensure any identified non- compliance with the Group Conduct Framework is reported and escalated to an appropriate individual
- Ensure that Divisional and relevant Group Reporting requirements are met in relation to Conduct and Treating Customers Fairly
- Ability to confidently communicate at all levels within the group including Senior Managers
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to apply initiative and creativity in considering/sourcing options and solutions
- Working in a Compliance Role within a general insurance/broking environment
- A working knowledge of FCA Regulation (applicable to general insurance), with the ability to deal with a wide range of general compliance queries.
- Experience in dealing with FCA reporting, notifications and applications via Gabriel and Connect
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays