Senior Risk & Compliance Consultant
Location: London and Field Based
This role is responsible for delivering the Risk & Compliance Framework to Ethos Partners, including the provision of advice and support to key stakeholders relating to compliance with the framework and all areas of FCA regulation applicable to the firm’s activities, in line with service level agreements and supporting the business with regulatory technical advice.
You will be responsible for leading compliance monitoring reviews of Ethos Partners on behalf of the Group to ensure the continuous identification and review of potential regulatory risks. You will also lead the preparation and execution of the compliance monitoring plan and provide strategic advice on findings to the Ethos Executive.
We are looking for a Senior Risk & Compliance Consultant who has experience working within a general insurance/broking environment, as well as providing expert advice to businesses.
- To proactively assist Ethos Partners to fully understand the requirements of the FCA and other regulatory bodies in order to ensure that the firms operate in a fully compliant manner and maintain a risk and compliance culture across the
- Complete Due Diligence reviews on prospective Ethos Partner firms and provide findings and key risks to the Group Executive with associated actions to be completed as part of an initial Integration
- Implement the Ethos Partner Risk and Governance Framework and play an active role in developing a Risk Register and a Risk & Compliance Committee within each firm and attending Committee meetings to provide feedback to the Committee from an independent viewpoint.
- To identify best practice within the industry and keep up to date with regulatory developments, collating and updating information to support the
- Conduct on site compliance monitoring programme to review regulatory processes and systems & controls with a risk profile reported to the Group Executive for each Ethos Partner firm
- Conduct Risk Consultancies with Ethos Partners in risk areas identified
- Initiate new processes, control documents, as required, in order to ensure ongoing
- Assist in writing compliance related training workshops and Ethos Partner communications as required and delivery of workshops in a professional and motivational
- Support the management of the department by being flexible to developments, new tasks and additional allocated project
- Attend Regulatory Steering Group meetings to discuss future compliance regulation changes and participate in relevant programme change projects on key topics that affect Ethos Partners
- Attend FCA / BIBA regulation workshops / road shows as required, to ensure continuous knowledge and understanding, as deemed
- Provide support to the senior management team of Ethos Partner firms with FCA and other regulatory
- Act as a referral point for Partners with FCA regulation / technical queries.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of the FCA and its working
- Up to date knowledge of the General Insurance market and associated regulations
- Risk Management experience / knowledge preferable
- Strong project management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to apply robust processes to all activities
- Take a practical viewpoint and help support effective solutions
- Team player and good communicator
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks
- Results driven & business minded
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Full Driving Licence
- Working in a Compliance Consultancy Role within a general insurance / broking environment
- Experience of providing advice / consultancy to businesses would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of FCA regulatory requirements in a General Insurance environment
- Ability to confidently challenge key stakeholders and other senior management
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Initiative and being creative in considering options and solutions
- Ability to work independently without supervision (Home Worker)
- Nationwide Travel is a requirement of the role with some overnight
- Experience of delivering training is not a requirement but candidate must be able to demonstrate ability to do this as part of the role.
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays