TOBA & Contracts Officer
Location: Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Founded over 25 years ago, Bravo Group has grown to become the UK’s largest network of independent insurance brokers. With a membership base of over 600 independent Insurance Broker organisations across the UK, we provide a number of key member service applications. In addition, the company continues to acquire key brokers across the UK. The successful support and integration of systems that serve the collective user base is critical to achieving this strategy. We have recently been acquired by the Ardonagh Group so there isn’t a more exciting time to join the company! Please note that the successful candidate will be employed by Towergate Underwriting Group Limited, a part of the Ardonagh Group.
We are looking to recruit a TOBA (Terms of Business Agreement) & Contracts Officer within our Risk & Compliance department. Working as part of the Agency Team and reporting to the Agency Manager, this role supports the delivery of the Bravo agency strategy and service proposition, which is formed of two distinct elements:
- Bravo’s Networks Membership – brokers who are Members of Broker Network Limited or Compass Broker Network Limited.
- Bravo’s broking arm – insurance brokers which are acquired and owned by Ethos Broking.
The TOBA & Contracts Officer will be responsible for managing terms of business agreements (TOBAs) and contracts work for both Networks, and Ethos Broking. Due to the nature of the workload, the role requires experience of general insurance TOBAs and contracts, good attention to detail, the ability to work independently, as well as being able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Own and complete TOBA negotiations including other legal or trading agreements as needed (e.g. Delegated Authority Agreements), for both existing and new market relationships. This includes:
- Ongoing liaison with insurers / providers to agree relevant and mutually acceptable terms for the business, which meet the requirements in Bravo’s written procedures.
- Ensure TOBA terms are compliant with FCA rules including CASS, plus any other contract terms which are relevant from a business risk perspective (e.g. non-solicitation, GDPR compliance etc.).
- Ensure TOBAs are finalised for ultimate sign off by senior management.
- Ensure new Broker Network brokers are correctly appended to central TOBAs, and that relevant Schedules are kept up-to-date and issued to insurance providers as needed.
- Manage other administrative changes as needed (e.g. amended trading names, managing novation of delegated authority agreements due to changes in control, arranging for TOBA addenda for new Appointed Representatives, sub-broking permissions etc.).
- Maintain broker and insurer information and TOBA and contract copies on Bravo’s central database and in central records, notifying relevant stakeholders – both internal and external – of any changes, as required.
- Monitor and action relevant changes to insurance providers where these affect the TOBA or contract (e.g. change of capacity provider), owning and implementing required actions through to completion.
- Providing support and guidance on TOBAs and contracts across Bravo departments, as needed.
- Assist in production of TOBA MI on a monthly basis, including preparation of Executive Committee and other governance reports.
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be required
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with general insurance TOBAs or insurance broker terms of business agreements.
- Experience of working in an insurance intermediary/broking environment.
- Effective communicator with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated, able to use initiative and work independently with little supervision.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and maintain delivery in a fast-moving environment.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.