Location: Home Based, South Region
The Bravo Group is a collaborative group of businesses, including Compass, Broker Network and Ethos Broking; all tailored to support in excess of 830 independent Insurance Broker organisations. The Bravo Group has acquired a number of key Brokers across the UK in the last 3 years and continues to acquire having an investment fund for further acquisitions.
We are looking to recruit a Trading Underwriter who will be responsible for the delivery of budget by securing conversion through high quality lead to quote rate. By underwriting on a case by case basis, you will achieve personal and business objectives for GWP and loss ratio. You will deliver a high quality service to Broker Network members and ensure adherence to the published SLA’s, as well as developing high quality relationships with Brokers and across the Network by undertaking frequent Broker visits and liaising with the BDM community.
- Underwriting of new business, by producing terms and converting business. This should at all times be geared to achieving the businesses annual target loss ratios.
- To develop high quality relationships with Brokers by undertaking frequent Broker visits to develop the broker account and actively promote BNU and associated products
- To develop trading methods to secure high conversion through successful lead to quote rates
- To comply with Binder, procedures and underwriting authority levels.
- To achieve personal and business objectives
- Ensure service standards are achieved
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the organisation, when required.
- To take responsibility for complaints ensuring that the company procedures are adhered, to reflect Company policy and ensure fair treatment of customers.
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up-to date with technical, legal and market developments via use of e-learning, internal training and reading market related material.
- The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all the Group’s procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers, and will ensure they follow the systems and controls operating to ensure that this is the case.
- Assisting in the development of effective communications with all other department, promoting and adhering to TCF culture at all times.
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of trading with a strong ability to forge good relationship and manage stakeholders
- A successful track record of high conversion rates through strong trading methods
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays