Location: with occasional travel to the Knaresborough Head Office.
The Bravo Group is a collaborative group of businesses, including Compass, Broker Network and Ethos Broking; all tailored to support in excess of 830 independent Insurance Broker organisations. The Bravo Group has acquired a number of key Brokers across the UK in the last 3 years and continues to acquire having an investment fund for further acquisitions.
We are looking to recruit two Underwriters who will both be responsible for the delivery of budget by securing conversion through high quality lead to quote rate. By underwriting on a case by case basis, the successful candidates will achieve personal and business objectives for GWP and loss ratio. They will deliver a high quality service to Broker Network members and ensure adherence to the published SLA’s, as well as developing high quality relationships with Brokers and across the Network by undertaking frequent Broker visits and liaising with the BDM community.
- Underwriting of new business, renewals, MTA’s by producing terms and converting and retaining acceptable business. This should at all times be geared to achieving the businesses annual target loss ratios.
- To comply with Binder, procedures and personal underwriting authority levels.
- To achieve personal and business objectives for GWP and Loss Ratio.
- Ensure that service standards are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the organisation, when required.
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up-to date with technical, legal and market developments via use of e-learning, internal training and reading market related material.
- To maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as ongoing at desk training and ensuring that this is recorded in line with Training & Competency requirements.
- To conduct the business of the Company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
- The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all the Group’s procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers, and will ensure they follow the systems and controls operating to ensure that this is the case.
- Assisting in the development of effective communications with all other department, promoting and adhering to TCF culture at all times.
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of underwriting with good product knowledge and a good understanding of risk
- Ability to forge good relationships with colleagues, customers and insurers
We understand that feeling valued doesn’t just mean what’s in your pay packet – it’s also about those little everyday touches. Here’s a taste of life at Broker Network:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan
- Life cover
- Free fresh fruit
- Critical illness cover/income protection
- Quarterly company socials including a fantastic Christmas party!
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company sick pay
- 26 days holiday a year plus bank holidays